Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pack Up Your Troubles

With less than two weeks to go, the packing has begun in earnest. I found an incredible duffel bag with wheels at my local Army Surplus store for only $35, and thought that it could hold all of my clothes and I could use my cool "suit" suitcase to hold games, host gifts and my various personal effects such as deodorant, toothpaste, etc... Nu este posibil. [New yes-tay poh-see-beel] (It's not possible.)

The duffel bag is full, and I didn't get the recommended clothing in it, so I filled up the other bag with polo and t-shirts. I'm going to have to rethink this. The Peace Corps is permitting me two pieces of luggage at no more than 50lbs. My carry on bag (back pack) will have all my electronic equipment and some flash cards to study on the long trip to Moldova.

The PC strongly suggests packing all the winter clothes as well, but I don't have room for my Summer clothes and the books I want to have with me when I arrive, let alone a large Winter coat, boots, etc. And... I think I'm overweight on the duffel bag as well. Where the heck am I going to pack the shoes?

And, yes Mom, I did roll all the clothes. :o)


Not my suitcase, but I know the feeling.

Luckily I have a few more days to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment