Sunday, May 6, 2012

Speaking of Passports...

It ends up that I will have two passports: one personal and the other specifically a Peace Corps passport. I should have read the instructions better when I received them at the end of January. I completely overlooked this little tidbit, and had to rush this week to get more photos and fill out the paperwork to send to the Peace Corps for my special passport that will pretty much be limited to moving in and out of Moldova.

My standard passport will be used for other travels I plan on throughout Europe and Eastern Europe.

Getting very excited now... one month from staging! Still have not heard whether we will stage in Philadelphia or Washington, DC. I'm certain those details will be settled in the next week or so. In the meantime, via Facebook a large number of M27s have been posting and sharing their building excitement. It is quite a diverse group and I'm really thrilled to see that. I was unnecessarily anxious that I would be one of the oldest volunteers heading to Moldova, but there is a good-sized number of older volunteers in our class. Having the maturity and experience of some of the older volunteers to balance against the enthusiasm and creativity of the younger volunteers should help us accomplish some great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment